Personal Data Notice
With the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Which came into force on 15th November 2013, Legal Plus Sdn Bhd (“us” or “we”) wish to assure you that we take your privacy seriously and are committed to the protection of your personal data and privacy.
This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
By registering your interest with us or by transacting or interacting with us either at our events, conferences, talks or otherwise, you consent to the collection, processing, use, disclosure and retention (collectively “processing”) of your Personal Data by us and our group of companies (“the Group”) and all persons involved in the provision of products or services by us.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. “Your Personal Data” which we process may include information which you have previously provided us with or may subsequently provide to us, concerning your personal details (such as name, marital status, gender, date of birth, contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), occupation details (such as job title) and such other personal information that we may process from time to time.
2. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, failure to supply such data may result in us being unable to provide the services you require.
3. You acknowledge and consent to our processing of your Personal Data for the purposes listed out in Section B below.
4. You are entitled to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any point in time by notifying us in accordance with Section E below. However, please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law.
B. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We may process your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
(a) to process your transactions and provide services and facilities to you from time to time, including to facilitate payments and delivery of goods and services;
(b) to provide you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, materials and/or documents relating to products and/or services that we and/or the Group may be selling, marketing, offering or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future;
(c) our internal record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s), customer service related matters and other administrative purposes;
(d) to manage our relationship with you;
(e) to communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries;
(f) to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or as required o permitted under any laws, rules, regulations, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars or codes (collectively “laws”) applicable to us or any member companies of the Group;
(g) to update you on our products and services from time to time;
(h) to process any applications or requests for new services and/or products made by you;
(i) to enforce our legal and/or contractual rights against you;
(j) for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary to the above purposes; and
(k) other reasons that are required or permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws.
C. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Generally, the personal data that we collect comes directly from you. For instance, when you contact or register with us (whether online or otherwise) or when you respond to communications from us or the Group or enter into any transactions with us.
2. Apart from information provided by you, we may obtain Personal Data on you from various reference checks, background checks or from the various governmental authorities or publicly available sources.
D. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
1. In certain circumstances, we may need to disclose, process and/or transfer your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section B above. Where we do so, we would merely disclose Personal Data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure.
2. You acknowledge and consent to the disclosure, processing and/or transfer of your Personal Data to any of the following categories of persons or entities (whether located within or outside Malaysia) for any of the purposes listed in Section B above:
(a) any Group companies, including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies of Legal Plus Sdn Bhd, our affiliates, licensees and joint venture partners;
(b) any body or person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, law enforcement authority, agency or body; and
(c) our sub-contractors and service or product providers in connection with our products or services.
E. ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
1. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter make a written request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by contacting:
Legal Plus Sdn Bhd
M-3-5, Plaza Damas
No. 60, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Office No.: +603 6203 2753 Fax No.: +603 6203 1627 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the applicable laws, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
3. It is important that your Personal Data is kept up-to-date. Should there be any changes to your Personal Data, kindly update the same with us as soon as possible so that we may update our records.
1. This Notice may be updated from time to time without prior notice to you. By continuing to communicate with us or by continuing to use our services following modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, this shall signify your acceptance of such modification, updates or amendments.
2. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Malay language version of this Personal Data Notice, the English language version shall prevail.